Saturday, June 7, 2008

day of firsts

I presented my first commissioned piece yesterday. It is such a special gift to be able to create something that has meaning for the people giving it, as well as to the person receiving it. To play a part in facilitating this gift-giving is an honor. I enjoyed the challenge to create/design something with and for people, and think the final product fit the desired outcome.




I am also please to say that I have found employment!!! I will be working at the Rosedale Center (yes... where Jesse works) as a permanent sub. I think this is going to be a perfect job, great hours-done by 1pm!, and jesse and I can commute together. The people at the school are amazing, they are dedicated enjoyable people. I look forward to all the trials and growth of this next coming fall! at that I will now put on the grubby clothes and meander next door to work on the house... which I will be doing all summer:-)

I will leave you with this-Bella eating a toy hand our 10 yr old niece gave her!

and us eating watermelon!!

3 comments:

masaoms said...

Hi!
I have posted your works at my jewellery blog, nice pieces!!
Regards,
Marta.

carolinahornauer said...

hi,
I really like your pieces, the black patina and the way they look, like really old and with secrets inside.
It was very nice to find the pictures of your jewellery.
Many greetings

Carolina
www.joyasdelaodisea.blogspot.com

Rebecca Dortzbach said...

Thanks Marta and Carolina! I read both you blogs and feel so honored that you checked me out:-)